Docker for Mac is a complete development environment deeply integrated with the MacOS Hypervisor framework, networking and filesystem. It is an easy-to-install desktop app for building, debugging and testing Dockerized apps on a Mac. Docker for Mac is the fastest and most reliable way to run Docker on a Mac.
Under this lab session, we will see how to install and configure Docker on Mac.
MacBook running macOS Sierra 10.12.3
- Pick up your favourite Docker release from this official Docker website:
- Install the latest Docker For Mac version clicking on Edge Channel:
- This will download .dmg file which when clicked will install Docker For Mac on your macOS system.
- Drag the Docker Edge icon to your application
- You can explore more option by clicking Docker icon on the top centre of your screen:
- Verify that Docker is up and running through terminal session:
You can get detailed information of Docker installable using the below command:
In the future lab, we will start playing around with Docker For Mac to build our first Docker Image.